- Professor, Texas A&M University at Qatar (2018-)
- Professor, Materials Dept., University of Crete (2011-)
- Collaborating Faculty, IESL-FORTH, Greece (2015-)
- Principal Researcher, Deputy Director IESL-FORTH, Greece (2009-2015)
Stelios Tzortzakis received his Ph.D. from the Ecole Polytechnique (France, 2001) in Nonlinear Optics. He is a Full Professor of Physics at Texas A&M University at Qatar (2018-) and Assoc. Prof. at the Materials Department of the University of Crete in Greece (2011-). He has worked and collaborated with many research laboratories in Europe, Asia, and the USA. He has held a CNRS position at the Ecole Polytechnique in France (2003-2005). In 2006 he established, with a European Union Marie Curie Excellence Grant, the UNIS research group at IESL-FORTH, where he served also as the deputy director of the Institute (2009-2015), while presently he is a collaborating faculty. Prof. Tzortzakis is a recognized expert in nonlinear laser propagation phenomena and has created the filamentation.org website, a unique information resource for the related scientific community. More info…
- Nonlinear interactions of intense femtosecond laser pulses with matter.
- Nonlinear laser propagation phenomena – filamentation.
- Nonspreading wave packets in the linear and nonlinear regimes.
- Intense tunable THz sources and THz nonlinear Optics.
- Ultrafast dynamically tunable THz metamaterials.
- Photonic structuring in the bulk of transparent solid materials.
- Quantum and complexity physics with photonic lattices.